Sunday, October 24, 2010

pic of the day - and so it begins


And so it begins. Falling leaves are a lovely occurance. I could get lost watching them coast one by one to the ground. It fascinates me how they just go with the flow, heading one direction than another until finding a resting place, only to be blown away again. I wonder what it would be like to ride on a leaf as it journeys from the peaks of the trees to the grass down below. I can imagine the sound of the air blowing past me, the excitement and leap of the heart when the direction changes, and the whew of peace when we finally land. Favorite thing #429 is to sit in my chair in the front window of my living room, curled in a blanket, with a good cup of coffee watching the leaves float down like rain drops in slow motion. Ahhh, fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment